17 July 2006

ANGER

The new record is coming out. It is called "ANGER". In total, I am spending about $3500 to put it out. 1000 CD's and 500 LP's. A week-long tour in August to try and get the things sold. It shall be accomplished. Some songs should be up soon. It took a month to record, mostly because my voice kept going out. My mother always wonders why the screaming, especially now since I listen to Neko Case and Cat Power more than I do any "screamy" music. I guess it's just that I am actually pissed about most things that go on in life, that I haven't gone through my tank of upset just yet. Until then, it feels most natural to let it out with a scream. Anyway, the cover, with artwork by an old Grand View Gator named Danny Heidner:



Rhinos are strange animals. They look like dinosaurs. Not even just a little bit. I mean, if someone back at the natural history museum decided to draw a Triceratops to look like a rhino, you wouldn't think twice. You'd go, "Oh, what a strange looking dinosaur!" But since the Triceratops is what it is and the rhino lives on earth with us amidst Frank Gehry architecture and Scion automobiles, we can see one on the television or in a coloring book and go, "Hrmph, just another boring rhino." But, NO! Rhinos are crazy animals. They look like a strange amalgam of pig and hippo and dino and aggro-pissed-offedness. Also, they charge very violently when they feel threatened. Thus their inclusion on our cover. Angry, angry rhino.

Also, we wanted something simple and graphic. Also, we did all the art in about seven hours. We should plan things out more. We won't ever plan things out more.

I'll let you know where you can get the record when I myself know.

Al

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great cover. Reminds me of a picture of a rhino that was painted by the German Albrecht Dürer, see http://www.ifi.unicamp.br/~ghtc/rhino1-e.htm. The funny thing is that he never actually saw one.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home